Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A failed attempt.

Isaac has always hated baby cereal. That was the first solid I tried with him, rice cereal, because that's what the doctor said to do. He hated it then, but I thought maybe he just wasn't used to solids.

So after getting used to eating solids, we were at my parents house and they wanted to feed him, and all they had in their cupboards was oatmeal baby cereal. So they made up this big concoction of it, trying to make it taste delicious. They scooped a bite into his mouth... and he seriously dry heaved. He still hated it.

So this morning I thought I'd try the whole wheat flavor. I even added some peaches to it in hopes that would make it work. Well, it was a no go. He pulled a face like it was poo I was putting in his mouth. Then he just started spitting it out. I guess he just hates all baby cereal. I've got 3 boxes of it in the cupboard, maybe I'll be the one that will end up eating it ( I remember I used to love it when I was a little girl).

So I had a baby with a bib on in his bumbo all ready to eat, so I thought I'd try a different food. He hadn't tried green beans yet, so I opened one up. I put a spoon up to his mouth, and he reluctantly opened his mouth just a tiny bit. I stuck those green beans in. He spit them out with a grossed out look on his face. So, he hates green beans too. I tried a few more bites, but now he was just refusing to even open his mouth at all.

By this point, I thought I'd feed him something I know he likes. I wanted to feed him a veggie because he's had a lot of fruits lately, so I chose carrots! He loved carrots. So I open yet another jar. I put the spoon up to his lips... and he's not opening his mouth for anything. After a few more tries I realize he's not going to eat the carrots either. So now I have two full jars and one bowl of baby food in my fridge. So much for breakfast!

2 comments:

Stephie said...

haha, Hey that was my oatmeal cereal in the pantry! It's ok though, you can make it up to me by letting me eat some of Isaac's rice cereal when I come home. :)

Amy said...

I'll send you home with a box if you want! WIC give me 3 free boxes a month.