Holy Moly! Can you believe it? Isaac is officially One year and 6 months old today!!! He's finally reached his first milestone where his age now enables him with an extra freedom that younger people can't enjoy... He can get into Nursery!! (Do they make I.D. cards that shows he's 18 months so that he can get past the security guards?)
Oh and I just realized, there's only 6 more months of free airplane travel for Isaac... we'd better fly him back to Utah as much as possible in the next 6 months eh?
I think we're going to measure his height on the wall again today since he's already grown another inch and a half since October!! That baby is getting bigger! I picked him up yesterday and i thought about how large he's getting, I dunno how Amy does it.
A couple Isaac moments:
Yesterday Amy texted me this: "Isaac definitely has a Udell butt, he was lying on the couch and he farted like 10 times, giggling after each one."
When the Udell grandparents were out here they pointed out to me that Isaac loved purple. I was surprised because he was just barely becoming interested in coloring, but sure enough I was surprised to see him say "porpoh" and pick the purple color. I've told my friends at school and they laughed pointing out that Isaac totally choose the hardest color to pronounce as his favorite, so he must really like it. Then down the road, just this past week, I was sitting watching Isaac's favorite Disney cartoon with him called, "Little Einsteins." Isaac was super jittery and he was getting into all the actions of the show. They would pat their laps and clap their hands and I was just watching Isaac, he's getting so good at that. And then it turned out that the Rocket on the show needed to go Super Fast. In order to do this, they ALWAYS start by patting their laps at Adagio, then they pat their chest at Moderato, then they go faster to Allegro, and then in order to blast off they need to raise their arms and shake their whole bodies and yell out PRESTO!!! I watched Isaac follow all of these exciting steps and then when they got to Presto, Isaac jumped up and yelled out "Purpoh!!! Purpoh!!!! Purpoh!!!!" That's when I realized why this whole time, Isaac liked that color most. Thank you Little Einsteins for teaching my baby boy that Purple makes rocket ships fly Super Fast.
This morning, I got up early as usual around 5:15 am. I packed my bags and food and went off to school. I was able to avoid rush hour and got to school in about 29 minutes. But this morning I was extra sleepy and so I decided instead of heading straight to the gym, I would take a quick nap in my car. I reclined the seat, and rolled down the window (because it was really humid and the cool outside air felt good.) I opened my eyes an hour later! The sun was up and I felt pretty good. As I looked outside and saw how beautiful it was I decided to do something NEW! Instead of excersizing in the Gym, I decided to go running around outside, there was a big track trail thing so I decided to take it. It was SO PERFECT. I was dressed in a small t-shirt and basketball shorts and the temperature was awesome. I ran with the intention to NOT STOP RUNNING for at least 10 minutes. But after only 3 minutes I stopped dead in my tracks. You see, I had been running by birds, these ugly black crow things that are so bold they never fly away from you. They were eating in the grass next to the trail, and they always have their mouth open, panting like dogs. Quite garbagy little birds I'd say. But it wasn't them that made me stop. I came up and around a hill when suddenly the grass exploded! (It didn't really explode. That's just what it looked like to me since I wasn't wearing my glasses.) But Wowzers! A flock of at LEAST 50 Bright green little parrot birds just burst into the air right in front of me! I couldn't believe it! It reminded me of Copan in Honduras and seeing the wild parrots flying around over head. But I'm not in Honduras, I'm in Texas and what in the world are these birds? It was amazing! I just did my first Bird Identifying Search Online and all I could come up with was this picture:
I don't remember the head being black or red, I thought it was pure green, but yeah, 50 of these is quite the amazing surprise. You try and buy one at a pet store for a hundred bucks, and you think of how much money is flying around me on this beautiful morning. I felt pretty lucky to be honest. I think it just made my day!
So anyways, It started getting dreadfully hot and humid and I did something I haven't done since Honduras, I pulled out a credit card and windsheild-wiped my forhead. (On the mission I'd use my name tag) And sweat just poured off like a faucet. That's when I knew I had to go to the gym and finish up.
Today I'm all dressed up because there kids interviewing here at the school and I'll be dealing with them. I volunteered for 2 reasons: I can get free food for lunch and eat with them, and two, I get to tuck in my white shirt and expose my super cool Birthday Belt Buckle that Amy got me. Now all my friends today will get to see how wonderful and golden it is. It's really my first belt buckle. Do you have a cool belt buckle?
And for the final news: Amy is still pregnant! Yay! She's at least 10 weeks along we believe... Only 30 more to go!!
I found this amazing picture of the 10 week old fetus all nestled in it's amniotic sack: It's as big as a.... cumquat? I don't know what a cumquat is... but I think an oval golf ball would be a more familiar object to compare.
There she is... or he...!
School isn't so crazy today. We don't have another exam until next Tuesday. So I have breathing room for awhile.
Amy is feeling sicker. She was so so so super duper sick on my Birthday. She's trying really hard to eat because all her experience tells her that not eating = puking. So everyday is a battle of finding something to eat before she's too sick to keep it down. Sometimes Isaac is horrible, and sometimes he's wonderful. Amy says that overall it's nice to have Isaac around for this pregnancy because she's not just sitting around trying to grow a baby, she gets distracted by Isaac and has to deal with him, thus making the pregnancy go by much quicker. Thanks Isaac! You're helping mommy! We love you!
Oh and last night we went to Chili's for my birthday dinner and I got the all you can eat chips and salsa and soup and salad. Isaac decided that he LOVED to dip the chips and suck off the salsa. But everytime he'd get a little upset about the spicey salsa and he'd beg for a drink of water. And then faster than we could stop him, he'd dip the same chip back in the salsa and suck it off again! What a crazy baby!
Welp, I gotta read some scriptures online before class starts. It's 8:40 am. Have a good day!

No comments:
Post a Comment