Sunday, August 19, 2012

Utah August 2012



We went up to Utah for Christelle's (brad's sister) wedding. That was awesome, she married a cool dude.  And then they ran off to Hawaii and we spent the week playing with old people (grandparents and great-grandparents)
Luke is getting so big! Here he is playing at a city park in Orem, Utah.  He can climb up the stairs, through the tunnel, and go down the slide ALL BY HIMSELF





Well I guess he needed help sometimes...












And then after he'd get down the slide he'd try to ESCAPE!!! 







Run
Run RUN


RUN AWAY




Now here's a monumental photo. Isaac's first time entering BYU's Wilkinson center.  May the brainwashing begin!

How do you get two young boys to like BYU? This is how.
(later the girls will be of greater motivation)

This is Great Grandma Larson's garden/backyard. She's been hard at work making it look great. Straight ahead wearing green is Isaac, he loved that pathway, he'd jump from stone to stone.  To the left wearing red is great grandma, and in yellow is great grandpa and in brown is Amy. Can you spot Luke hiding anywhere?

Great Grandpa Larson's hill. They built a fountain that you can't see on the other side of the hill. As you can see, Isaac is king of the hill.

Here we have Luke and Great grandma Geddes playing in the all famous Toy Room. I think that's a Barbie doll that's caught Luke's attention

Again, in the toy room all the walls are painted by my grandma. the boys LOVED it down there. Isaac felt a little too comfortable down there and we had to rush him to the toilet!

Luke is showing off his ability to stack 2 little cups together. He's getting smart. At other grandma's houses he was building things with blocks and even putting legos together!

For fun, amy and I drove by the houses where we grew up. This is my old house.  I lived here for 18 or so years. Some peope bought the house from us back in 2007 and they express their differences by not trimming the bushes or trees and with special pro-Obama stickers on the garbage can.

Amy used to live here. The current owners take a little better care of it than those in my old house. She spent the first 14 years of her life here.   Both these houses were in the same neighborhood, can you tell that thursday is garbage day? We had to take these pictures and run cause we looked like creeps driving around with our phone cameras.

Overall the trip was busy busy and fun. Amy says that I need to say that Utah was really cold. She wishes she had brought a jacket. Of course we managed to eat at Cafe Rio, and Betos (who by the way decided to paint their roofs all brown which I don't approve of)
With my parents running off to BYU education week after the wedding we got to see Provo and that was fun.  We got to see some good friends, and their babies. Little Ada is georgeous and slowly growing bigger every time we see her. Little David has big fat blue eyes, something I doubt any of my kids will inherit.

We have more pictures of us going up to the mountains, and going to the wedding, if anyone requests to see those then we'll post them for ya!

And now we're back in Houston. One more semester to begin. I'm excited to begin it because the sooner it begins, the sooner it will end, the faster I will learn and the sooner I'll be a doctor.
and speaking of church, our new bishopbrick has turned the ward upside down! Almost all presidencies have be re-done. everyone has new callings, it's exciting!

Amy says I gotta get off the computer now. Time to put the kids to bed!


No comments: