Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brad's Birthday

Well I really didn't want to post another blog since that last one was pretty much my favorite blog ever, Amy did a really good job and you have to admit that Isaac's crying face is kinda hilarious in those costumes.

But it's true it's true, today's my birthday. I'm now 26. I only have a few good birthdays left.

I've always wanted to have a summer birthday. I've always been jealous of those people who are able to have BBQs on their birthdays. And so now that I'm in Houston and today's going to be in the 80's I've thought about finally fulfilling my dreams! However there's 2 bad newses. One, I have nobody to throw me a party because Amy is officially pregnant sickened, and Isaac doesn't know how to use the phone yet so he can't organize a party. Also we don't have a BBQ grill and don't plan on throwing money towards that when we can't even afford a second phone, second car, or internet. And so for lunch today, at noon (the time of my birth) I plan on going outside with my bowl of rice, and I will lay out on the deck in the humid sun and I will soak it up and enjoy the beauty of my birthday. I expect everyone in Utah and Boston and everywhere to express feelings of jealousy towards me and my serene peaceful warm moment. Then I will go back into school and learn about brains. Particularly the lower two sections of the medulla.
My friends however here at school are getting me a birthday cake and so I thought I'd entertain them by giving out a couple Green Peanut CD's and announcing that I'm having a baby. (I haven't told them all yet because I know that they will think I'm insane due to the difficulty of school which they know firsthand.) I expect a few of them to congratulate me, and I expect the rest to express their condolences and give me hugs. I welcome both reactions because I very much understand both.

And now since you-all yall would like new photos I thought I'd throw 6 your way, because I'm twenty 6 years old.





This is the award winning photo of my birthday.
Amy sent this to me with the caption:
Isaac Working Hard on your Birthday Present.

It seriously was probably the most favorite picture message I've ever recieved in my life!

I'm a very manly and masculine guy, but I think the best way I could explain it is that this picture melted my wee little heart.

I love ma baby boy, he's so cool.






This is Isaac's worst injury of his life. I don't know that we told everyone, but Isaac was playing with his Udell Grandparents when they visited and he just got so so so excited playing the 1, 2, 3,.... RUN RUN RUNRUNRUN game that he slipped and fell running into the wall corner. His lower lip here got all swollen! Oh and he had a line up and down his forehead too but that bruise went away before this picture.





















































This picture was of course on a Sunday 2 weeks ago. Isaac was crying because I had his juice. I told him that he could have his juice when he smiled for the camera. And so you see his great smile... and the crying face that he's trying to hide.

This is how much he loves Juice.























































This is one of my most favorie pictures. I am a wonderful Photographer. It's Great Gramma Larson playing outside with Isaac.. If you look really really close you can see Isaac's cute little face looking up at her... he's probably learning about how to smell a flower or how to pull out grass or something, I can't remember.



























































Another photo of the scar baby face





































































Isaac really really liked Amy's uncle Topher's cats. And they... the cats... didn't really know what to think of him. He's human looking, but he's almost as small as a cat, and he climbs the stairs like a cat... Is he some kind of cat human? They followed Isaac around for over an hour.







The end! Love you all and thanks for the cards sent in the mail! Amy and Isaac will be seeing you Utahn's in 3 weeks and 3 days. And I'll be coming later but before Christmas!!

1 comment:

Jessica Shipp said...

Happy Birthday Brad! Amy- i hope you are doing okay, think happy thoughts!
Love ya both and of course that little boy.