Last Saturday, I Brad, decided to go back in time to when I was 10 years old and actually knew how to play softball/baseball. I joined a team at school and played in a tournament that started at 10am and lasted until you lost 2 games. We lost our first game mainly because we all hadn't played in so long, we didn't know the rules, and we really hadn't touched a ball, couldn't catch a ball, and hadn't hit a ball in ages. But then the second game began and I summoned my inner child who used to bat 1000, and I hit two spankingly amazing home runs. We beat the second team with room to spare. So we played a third team, and beat them. Then we were forced to Replay the first team that beat us and we beat them. And before we knew it, we were in the final game! We let them win because, well for one thing, we had played 5 games and they had only played 3, and we were tired. Oh and they were really angry looking, like the black hawks from Mighty Ducks. But anyways my muscles were sore for 3 days I'm telling you I was shocked, but I guess that's what 7 hours of high scoring softball will do to you.
My favorite part was coming into home with Isaac pounding on the fence yelling, "Hello dada allo dadda!" EVERYONE wanted to eat him up, he was so sweet and cute.
Amy is getting very pregnant looking now and she's keeping track of her womb size. We only have about 70 days left!
Schools also about a month till it's over and I'll officially be a 2nd year student! Can you believe it?
Isaac is being a greedy grump that gives Amy headaches almost every day now. He is getting whinier and smarter but at the same time he knows how to be sweet and cute and get exactly what he wants. I hope he doesn't turn into a bully at nursery, that's my biggest worry so far. I'm proud to say that I'm still smarter than him and I was able to trick him into enjoying his dinner last night.
Amy's becoming very involved in the ward and many sisters are befriending her. A sister in our ward suffered a miscarriage and Amy felt that she needed to make her family dinner, so she spent all day baking roles and making them a dinner more beautiful than anything we've had in a month! I'm lucky to be married to such a charitable lady!
Oh and bad news. A cockroach came into our kitchen and I saw him. I chased his ugly butt around the sink, the window, through the cupboards, and at last he dashed down the drain and I flipped on the garbage disposal, hoping to annilate him.
An hour later, Amy came home and I stood telling her the miserable story in our bedroom. When I had finished explaining how the cockroach ran down the sink, Amy talked to me about how she wish I had actually smashed it, and then there was a little rustle sound from the bag next to my feet. The hunt in the kitchen had made me jumpy and so I jumped and Amy laughed at me, We both thought, that would be funny if that noise had come from a cockroach in the bag, but it was probably just my own foot bumping the bag.
And then the devil cockroach stuck his head out and rustled the bag some more, and Amy ran for the bed and I couldn't believe it. I chased the thing but it took cover under the dressor. I sprayed fuming poisons all around and finally he came coughing out and I chased him as he was running back to the kitchen. Finally in one quick move, I smashed him against the wall. I really feel it was the same cockroach, spying on me while I reported his story back to my wife. I think he wanted to murder me in my sleep, but luckily he was put to an end.
This is the one reason Amy doesn't like Houston. For me, it's this reason plus allergies.
Besides that though we're doing GREAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment