It was really fun. Our ward members really do have quite the sense of humor. We're a small ward and so we all are getting to know each other and it's just more like a family reunion.
There were 4 trophies given out for the chili:
1 best overall
2 most unusual
3 hottest
4 best bean chili (apparently a "true texan chili" has no beans in it, so it's mostly like a slob of pasty meat, still pretty good, you'd have to try it.
But guess what?
I WON THE AWARD FOR MOST UNUSUAL CHILI!
I finally won something, I'm so happy! I've always wanted to brag about my cooking, and now I finally have recognition. Here's some pictures!


Afterwards, Isaac surprised us all! He snuck away from our dinner table to dance with the Young Women! They were all line dancing and Isaac LOVED the beat of the music apparently and just had to join. A handful of the ward members hurried to take out their cell phones to get a good picture of him. He's so surprising, all this time we thought he was so shy around strangers!
Once again, Amy is found in these pictures, you can see her belly but nothing else! She's so sneaky!
Oh and in case you were wondering what was the name of my award winning chili?
"Grown-up Rainbow."
It's official recipe consists of
Purplish red kidney beans
Whitish pinto beans
Black beans
Green bell pepper
Red bell pepper
Yellow bell pepper
Orange Habanero pepper
and Blue hamburger (thanks to food coloring)
(cilantro gives it a unique chili flavoring)
oh and in case you didn't know, my sister, Brittany is getting married in May! Hooray Hooray!


No comments:
Post a Comment