On Thursday, June 2nd, 2011, little Luke came into our lives. Thursday morning I had my weekly doctor's appointment at 9:40 in the morning. We left Isaac home with his Grandma and Grandpa Larson, and Great Grandma Geddes. They were only going to be in town for 3 more days, so I was going to ask if I could be induced. Another reason I wanted to be induced is I was scared of the baby getting too big. Birthing Isaac was not an easy experience, and the recovery reflected it. I really didn't want to go through all of that again. My due date was June 10th, and I knew everyday it got closer, the baby was getting bigger.
So at the doctor's, everything went as normal. Just before she was going to do the ultrasound, I asked if induction was a possibility. My doctor isn't a huge fan of induction, and likes to let things go naturally, but given my history, she said yes! We then noticed on the ultrasound that my amniotic fluid was getting low, so she would've been sending me over the hospital anyways. Luckily the hospital wasn't too full, so she said i could go over right then!
After getting all settled in, all the blood work done, and the icky IV placed, they started the pitocen at 11:45. Things seemed to go much faster then with Isaac, before I knew it, I was REALLY wanting an epidural, but the anesthesiologist was busy with another patient. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally got my drugs, and at 3:13 little Luke was born! I pushed for probably about 10 minutes (my best guess), and he was out. Overall, everything went WAY easier the second time around. Luke was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19.75 inches long. His hair is almost black, and already growing a mullet in the back :) He has super long skinny feet, toes, and fingers.
Everything went great that day, except for the whole time, Brad was feeling sicker and sicker. By that night he was running a fever and looked like he just wanted to crawl in bed and die. Even though, I was still not really up to taking care of a baby by myself, I told him he better go home and get a good night's sleep. I would just have to heavily rely on the nurses. Luke was an angel that night, and was easy as pie, I mostly didn't get much sleep just from nurses and other hospital personel coming in my room every hour. Sometime just to see if I was ok. It was annoying enough, that I decided I definatly wanted to go home the next day. No more overnighters at the hospital.
The next morning something happened that would prevent that though. I woke up with a sore throat. As the day went on I got sicker and sicker. By afternoon, I was having heat flashes, and then chills, I had a fever. The hospital didn't want to let me go home like that, so I had to stay another blasted night.
We were finally able to go home on Saturday, and Brad and I are still recovering from being sick, but overall we are doing really well. So far both Isaac and Luke have showed no signs of being sick, so we just need to pray it stays that way!
The Larson's went home early Sunday morning, and we just picked my mom up today! We have been shown so much support by our family, and our neighbors and ward. Thanks to everyone that have visited us and brought gifts, we truly feel loved!
1 comment:
Hope you two are doing okay! Luke is adorable, i hope big brother is doing well with the new arrival.
Post a Comment