So guess what? We went to Ft. Lauderdale Florida! We got there, rented this Chevy Impala from a slimsy dude, and drove straight to the hotel. Isaac liked it there cause he got his own bed. We had a tasty breakfast kinda of McDonald's quality provided by the Hotel and then we went off to the school. To our surprise we got lost! Nova University is so huge and every building looks just as beautiful as the Optometry building I saw in the pictures! Eventually we got oriented and Amy dropped me off to look for a parking spot. She ended up dealing with a grump Isaac who wanted food and a nap. I went up to a get to know you room with pizza and decided to be the funny one who made my group a little less tense. For some reason I didn't feel a need to be nervous like the rest. I'm like 3 years older then most of them, and this interview was like the biggest moment of their entire lives, for me, I've had a marriage and a baby, so I've had bigger moments.
Anyways. It was super humid out there and it even rained a bunch so when we finally had the tour Amy came with Mr. Fatso Isaac baby and man, he was tuff to carry around! Soon he got grumpy and needed more food, and so Amy took him even though she was ready to kill over from exhaustion.
The school was beautiful, plain and simple and I decided I would love to go there.
That evening we drove south heading for Key West but since the sun went down we stopped in KEY LARGO for some yummy Cuban food and turned around to go back home! Amy hated the restaurant cause it was all in Spanish and there were ants in the corner.
The biggest regret of this trip was that we never were shown much housing options. They only showed us on campus stuff and off campus stuff nearby where there exists "no pets or babies" in the rulebook.
Isaac didn't get his naps, he was too hot, so he wasn't happy, and Amy got tired out of hauling him around and soon his screams just drove her into madness until she decidedly told me, "Brad, we ain't takin him to our next trip."
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment