Monday, September 20, 2010

Test Week

Well, we've been in Houston for about 6 weeks now! When we first arrived it was so so so Hot. I couldn't believe how simply going outside, no matter the time of day, and beind wet with sweat in under 90 seconds! The humidity was really thick especially. Well my memory tells me that we had about 3 straight weeks of horrible hotness and then the first hurrican/tropical storms started arriving, and the rains helped turn the humidity into water on the ground, the air because thinner and we had a few good days. The news forcasters have been remarking about how this September has been much hotter than usual. Every day we read that the high will be 91, but the average high is normally 86 or something. But this September has been so much better than August for us it's amazing! Why this weekend we loved it! The air was cool (still humid) and even though the high is in the 90's, in the evening it's only like 85 and that feels so good. For the first time, we're enjoying our backyard without feeling like we're gonna need to retreat back inside from heat exhaustion. I think this past saturday we even decided to go to the park all together and chase the duckies into the pond and play on the slide and stuff, and we never complained about the heat!

However one thing surprised me yesterday that tells me that it's not really getting so much cooler... The truth is I believe, we're just all getting used to it! I think I discovered this when I went into the bathroom to take a phone call from our home teacher. It was late and so I went back into our masterbathroom so that I wouldn't wake up the baby. I talked with him about how to deal with roaches for about 15 minutes. Usually that bathroom is the warmest part of our house, but not any more since it's been so nice outside.
But, when I finished the phone call, I glanced at my phone's screen and to my surprise it was covered in water! Sweat! From the side of my face! I'm pretty sure that two months ago in Utah I would've noticed if my face was sweating, but not any more!

Anyways, like I said, we're having fun outside:























And yesterday while talking with my mom over the phone, Isaac ran to the window because he had a visitor:



"BAAAOOOOWW"

No comments: