Wednesday, November 23, 2011

O Christmas Tree


Ha ha, yeah, that's a super close up picture of our fake Christmas tree above :) Anyways, we had an AWESOME Thanksgiving, and now we can officially get into the Christmas spirit! ( ok, I admit it, we did put everything up the day BEFORE Thanksgiving). A few days ago I started by making some fun Christmas ornaments, that smell super good for the tree. The recipe basically just said mix 3 cups of Cinnamon with 3 cups of applesauce. Roll it out on the counter, and cut with a cookie cutter, then let dry for a few days. In the reviews there were many people saying the dough was too moist, so I thought I'd better add the applesauce carefully. I ended up accidently just pouring the whole pound of cinnamon in (close to 3 cups anyways). Then put applesauce in until I liked the consistency. After making these, my hands and house had the wonderful aroma of cinnamon for a couple days!
Instead of drying on the counter, I read you could also bake them. So I baked them at 250 degrees for a couple hours. After about an hour I transfered them straight on the rack so all of the sides could get some air.
I'm going to have Isaac paint a couple of them for fun, but haven't gotten around to that yet. For now it's probably good for them to hang and get fully dried out.





Meanwhile this cute little boy really wanted to grab that table! He's getting so fun! With a pants-less Isaac standing in the background.

I think this is the first time in my life I've had Christmas stuff up this early, so we'll see if I get sick of it before Christmas comes or not! This is our first year with our own full size Christmas tree, so I was just too excited to get it up and decorated :)

No comments: