Monday, November 21, 2011

Scared

So, first off- we officially have the internet at our house!!! This is thanks to an early Christmas present from my parents- thanks Mom and Dad! It's amazing how wonderful it is. Living without something brings on a whole new level of appreciation when you get it back again. I can also say that I appreciate having a dishwasher, washer and dryer more then I ever would have had I not had those my first 2 years of marriage. And one day, I know that I will be grateful and appreciative of having a car in the same way as well. This time of year brings on thoughts and feelings of gratitude, and we truly have so much to be grateful for. It can be so easy at times to focus on things that we don't have- but having this attitude only brings sadness. The lord has blessed us with SO much! Focusing on that is the way to bring love and happiness into your life. Sometimes I am amazed at what we DO have with how poor we are. It is a testament that Heavenly Father is truly watching out for us. I could name off a million things that I am grateful for, and blessings that we have- but that's not what I even came here to blog about. I got a little sidetracked :)

What I originally started this post for was to write about our experiences last night. Last night we put Isaac to bed as usual- and he fell asleep good and easy as usual. After about an hour, we hear Isaac screaming and totally freaked out in his room. Brad walked in to find him huddled in the corner of his bed, trying to get away from his blankets. After calming him down, we finally got out of him that he thought there was a kitty cat in his blankets. And there was NO way he was going to sleep in them. So Brad tried changing to different blankets. At first Isaac thought this was a good idea, until we left him alone in his room. Pretty soon we hear the panicked screaming again. When I went in there, he was acting like he needed to go to the bathroom as he screamed, so I asked him if he needed to go potty. After I helped him go pee, he insisted that he wanted to sit on the toilet and poop. By this time I was exhausted and said, fine, just let me know when you are done, and I left him on the toilet while I crawled back in bed. After about a 15 minutes I could hear him in there still, so I got up. He was still just sitting on the toilet, no poop in the toilet, just hanging out. I knew he was just trying to stall going to bed, and he really didn't need to poop, so I told him that he's all done, and its time to go to sleep. At this he truly started to FREAK out. I had to tear him off the toilet, hold him down to get his clothes back on, and pick him up to take him back to his room. All this time he was screaming yelling in a devilish voice "ME POOO POOO ME POOO POO". (keep in mind he never poops in the toilet. he still prefers his diaper) I don't know how Luke slept through it all. So I took him to his room and tried to calm him down by rocking him in his rocking chair like a baby, and singing to him. He kept on crying, but finally relaxed his body. After a few songs, when the crying had all but stopped, I said it's time to go to sleep. (It was like 11:00 pm by this point) He convinced me that if I read him one story he'd go to sleep. So I did. When the story was over, he still was scared to death of his bed. So I asked him if he'd sleep on Mommy's floor. He said he wanted to sleep on his floor. So I made a little bed on the floor for him and that's how he slept. I really wonder what in the world kind of nightmare he had to be SO scared of his bed. I just put him down for a nap, and he still refuses to get in his bed to sleep. I showed him that there is nothing in his bed, and told him all the kitty cats are outside. They don't come in. But he still insists on a floor bed. Hopefully this doesn't last too long! We'll see how many nights he'll spend on the floor until he gets over it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with nightmares?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that poor little guy! That broke my heart! I hope he isnt scared for long that is just horrible.

Glad to hear you guys are doing great though! We are excited to spend thanksgiving with you and all the missed friends!