When you have a child it's always fun to see what attributes come from mom and what comes from dad. It's even more interesting when mom and dad don't look like twins. Amy and I have a few very easily recognizable attributes that are opposite from each other. For example, I have long skinny feet and toes while Amy has short square feet and toes. I have goldilocks and Amy had dark brown hair. I have blue eyes and Amy has brown. And looking at baby pictures, I was the super super fat baby while Amy was just regular baby chubby. (as a side note, I don't believe in identifying noses and chins and eyes and ears on new babies because their entire head is out of proportion, plus they've just been smashed through the birth canal. I wouldn't judge those super meticulous and tiny characteristics until they're much older, and even then, it's hard to tell unless the mom or dad have a pretty outrageous nose or something :-)
So here's a review of what Luke and Isaac ended up inheriting.
HAIR:
![]() |
| This baby Definitely was born with his mommies hair. Much darker than his brother. Have you guessed who's who yet? Let's watch a video now and see if it helps... |
Well as you can see... Luke is the one with the lightest blond hair, while Isaac's is just a shade darker.
BUT in those newborn pictures it was LUKE with the Darkest hair! So since it changes, over time I thought I'd throw another picture to compare them. Here we have Isaac when HE was Luke's age.
...
I think... that Isaac did have about the same color hair as Luke has now. When will they make up their minds. C'mon kids, who's your favorite? Do you wanna look like Mommy or Daddy? Just pick one please.
A few weeks ago, for the first time, Isaac realized that he had mommy's eyes. He was staring in a mirror and told us about it. Later this week he asked Amy while she was putting on eye make-up if he could paint his eyes blue like daddy's. He's pretty cute, but it turns out that both boys DEFINITELY have their mothers eyes. I don't know why, I mean, I AM the one who's studying eyes. Plus Blue is the best right? Why would they choose to have their mom's eyes? The only logical explanation is the Harry Potter factor. Gotta have the mom's eyes, to torment her old boyfriends that end up being their teachers in school.
To finish up the other attributes...
Luke got his dad's long skinny feet while Isaac has his mom's square feet (which poses an obstacle for me in finding shoes that fit him. Luckily I can let Amy be in charge of that. She's got a good eye for the extra wide shoes)
And the last thing
Isaac definitely got the super fat baby genes from his dad:
I'll spare you guys a comparative picture of me when I was a fat baby. I don't have one on me but let me just say that as fat as Isaac got, I still was much bigger.
It'll be fun seeing Quynn and Chelsea's new baby girl... see how she was born and to watch if she gets the dark hair from her dad or the blonder hair from her mom!


No comments:
Post a Comment